Lincoln Car Accident Attorney
A car accident is a frightening and damaging event. It can cause physical and emotional injuries that stay with you for a long time. If you and your family are dealing with serious injuries, expensive medical bills, property damage, lost wages and other losses after a motor vehicle accident, contact the Lincoln car accident attorneys at Knowles Law Firm. We can help you move forward. Request a free consultation today.
Why Choose Knowles Law Firm
- Our legal philosophy is to always make the client our top priority.
- We will fight for the best possible case results on your behalf.
- Our Omaha personal injury attorneys work on a contingency fee basis, with no fees upfront.
- We have years of professional experience in personal injury and auto accident law.
- Our law firm has maintained an excellent reputation throughout Nebraska over the years.
A Lincoln Car Accident Attorney Can Help With the Legal Process
If you’re unsure whether or not to use a car accident attorney during the claims process, look at the severity of your injuries. Insurance companies often underestimate the true worth of cases that involve serious injuries. If you need a fair award to pay for past and future medical care as well as other losses, a Lincoln personal injury lawyer can help you fight for the financial compensation you need.
Nebraska Is an At-Fault State
After an auto accident in Nebraska, you will seek monetary benefits from the auto insurance provider of the at-fault driver. This is the rule under Nebraska’s tort-based system. In a fault or tort state, the driver or party that causes the traffic accident is financially responsible for victims’ losses. It will be up to you or your lawyer, however, to prove that party’s fault before you can recover compensation.
How Much Is Your Case Worth?
A successful insurance claim or car accident lawsuit in Lincoln can provide you with the financial resources to pay for both past and future related economic losses. It can give you the money your family needs to finally move forward after a serious wreck.
Available compensation from the at-fault party may include:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Losses of income (and future earnings)
- Property repairs
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Out-of-pocket costs
- Punitive damages
How much your case is worth will depend on key factors such as the severity of your injuries and the insurance coverage available. If you are curious about the potential value of your car accident case, schedule an in-depth case review with an attorney from Knowles Law Firm.
Car Accident Safety Tips
Automobile accidents are a primary cause of injuries and deaths in the US. Motor vehicles are dangerous weapons – especially when operated by careless or reckless drivers. Take certain steps to enhance your safety.
Before an accident:
- Never drink and drive. Impaired driving is one of the most frequent causes of car accidents.
- Pay attention. Put your cell phone away and keep your eyes on the road.
- Always obey roadway rules and traffic laws.
- Use defensive driving techniques to stay prepared for changing roadway situations.
- Watch your speed. Speeding is another common cause of serious collisions.
After an accident:
- Stay calm, pull over and check yourself for any injuries. Turn on your hazard lights.
- Move your disabled vehicle to a safe place, if possible.
- Call the police if the car accident caused injuries, deaths or $1,000 in property damage.
- Write down the other driver’s name, insurance information and phone number.
- Go to a hospital immediately.
Always do your best to prevent collisions and avoid auto accidents in Nebraska. If you do get into a collision, however, take these steps to lay the foundation for a successful insurance claim.
Speak to a Lincoln Car Accident Attorney Today
If you or a loved one has recently been injured in a motor vehicle accident, contact our Lincoln car accident attorneys to schedule a free legal consultation. Knowles Law Firm can help you and your family achieve justice through tailored legal services. Contact us online or call (402) 431-9000 today.