If you or a loved one was injured due to the negligence of another person, company, or entity, you might be worried about your next steps. The field of personal injury law is complex, and the process of filing a personal injury claim can be daunting. However, an experienced personal injury lawyer can help you navigate the process and ensure you receive the compensation you are entitled to. Contact The Knowles Law Firm to set up your free consultation.
What is Personal Injury Law?
Personal injury law is the area of law that provides relief to individuals who have been injured as a result of the wrongful or negligent acts of another. Personal injury attorneys represent their clients in court and work to recover damages for their injuries. This area of law covers a wide range of injuries, including physical and emotional injuries, economic losses, and property damage.
Common Types of Personal Injury Claims
There are many different types of personal injury claims, including the following:
- Car Accidents: Car accidents are one of the most common causes of personal injury claims in the United States. If you were in a car accident caused by someone else’s negligence and you sustained injuries, you may be entitled to financial compensation for losses you incurred, such as medical bills, lost income, and emotional wounds.
- Slip and Fall Accidents: Property owners are required to keep their premises safe and hazard-free for visitors. If you were hurt in a slip and fall accident on someone else’s property due to hazardous conditions such as wet flooring or unmarked obstacles, the property owner might be held liable for your injuries.
- Medical Malpractice: When we visit a healthcare professional, we trust them to provide competent care. Unfortunately, there are times when medical professionals make mistakes that cause harm to their patients. If you have been injured due to medical malpractice, you may be able to file a claim against the doctor or hospital responsible for your care.
- Product Liability: Companies that manufacture and sell products are responsible for ensuring that their products are safe for consumers. If a defective or dangerous product has injured you, you may be able to file a product liability claim against the party responsible for manufacturing or selling the product.
How Much Does a Personal Injury Lawyer Cost?
The cost of a Fremont personal injury lawyer will vary depending on the specifics of your case. In most cases, you will not be required to pay any upfront costs. Instead, most personal injury lawyers work on a contingency basis, meaning they will only receive payment if they are successful in securing a settlement or verdict on your behalf. The typical contingency fee is 33% of the total amount recovered, but it can range from 25% to 40%. Additionally, you may be responsible for other costs associated with your case, such as filing fees, expert witness fees, and court costs. As such, it is important to discuss all potential fees with your personal injury lawyer before moving forward with your case.
What You Can Expect from The Knowles Law Firm
When you hire us to help you with your case, you can expect us to take the following actions to assist you with your claim:
- Thoroughly investigate the accident to determine who was at fault and gather evidence to support your claim.
- Negotiate with the insurance company on your behalf to try to reach a fair settlement.
- If we cannot come to an agreement out of court, we will not hesitate to take your case to trial.
- Answer all questions and concerns and keep you updated throughout the life of your claim.
- Help you obtain the maximum amount of compensation available.
If you believe that you have grounds for a personal injury claim, your next step should be to contact our experienced attorneys who can analyze your case and let you know what your next steps should be. The attorneys at The Knowles Law Firm have extensive experience handling all types of personal injury claims. Don’t hesitate to contact us today to schedule a free consultation.