Lincoln Personal Injury Lawyer
If you are currently dealing with injuries you suffered in an accident in Lincoln, Nebraska, discuss the possibility of filing a claim with an attorney. A Lincoln personal injury lawyer from Knowles Law Firm can explain your legal rights and help you obtain the compensation you deserve through an insurance claim or personal injury lawsuit.
Learn more about your case and how we can help you and your family during this difficult time. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation.
Why Choose Us
- Our philosophy is that if we treat clients well, success and positive case results will follow. We will always put you first.
- We work diligently to achieve fair case results without unnecessary delays. We are fully prepared to take your case to trial, if necessary.
- Our Lincoln personal injury lawyers take all injury cases on a contingency fee basis. Your lawyer will only get paid if he or she is successful.
The Basics of Personal Injury Law
In civil law, a personal injury claim is a legal claim to monetary compensation to make a victim whole again after a negligent party causes an accident or injury. Negligence is a key term in personal injury law. It means to act with a level of carelessness that a reasonable person would not, causing harm to others.
Negligence involves four main elements:
- The defendant (at-fault party) owed a legal duty of care. A legal duty of care is an obligation to act reasonably, prudently, and in accordance with acceptable standards.
- The defendant breached a duty of care. A breach of duty can refer to any action or omission that causes the defendant not to fulfill his or her duty of care.
- The defendant’s action injured the plaintiff. The defendant’s breach of duty must be the proximate cause of the accident or injury in question.
- The plaintiff has compensable damages. Furthermore, the plaintiff must have suffered losses in the accident, such as medical bills or pain and suffering.
Not every accident or injury in Lincoln will lead to a personal injury claim. If you are curious whether the circumstances of your accident give you grounds to file a personal injury lawsuit or insurance claim, consult with an attorney.
Why You Should Hire a Lincoln Personal Injury Lawyer
Although not every personal injury case requires an attorney, hiring one can be a significant help to you and your family. You can focus on the things that matter the most, such as getting medical treatment and healing from your serious injuries, while your lawyer takes care of complicated legal processes for you. Your lawyer will take over settlement negotiations with an insurance company or represent you during a court trial, if necessary.
An insurance company may try to take advantage of you as an unrepresented plaintiff. Insurers want to save money by devaluing claims and wrongfully rejecting payouts. Your lawyer can make sure this does not happen, fighting for the recovery you need for both past and future damages. From investigating the cause of your injury to demanding maximum financial compensation, a personal injury lawyer will be in your corner every step of the way.
Accidents We Specialize In Lincoln
Although we consider ourselves to be experts in all forms of personal injury law, in Lincoln, Nebraska, there are a few types of cases that we specialize in. These include:
If you have been a victim in any of these situations, call a Lincoln personal injury lawyer from Knowles Law Firm today!
Personal Injury Statute of Limitations in Nebraska
One of the most important personal injury laws to know in Nebraska is the statute of limitations. This is the legal deadline by which you must file a personal injury lawsuit – or else, in most cases, lose the right to seek financial recovery forever. Nebraska law has a statute of limitations of four years to file most personal injury cases. This means you and your family must take legal action within four years of your accident for a valid lawsuit.
Contact a Lincoln, NE Personal Injury Attorney Today
If you or a loved one has been injured in any type of accident in Lincoln, Nebraska, contact our local personal injury attorneys at Knowles Law Firm. We can help you collect evidence, build a case and fight for fair compensation. Call (402) 431-9000 today for a free case review.